The world faces “an extraordinary challenge,” he said, as the population is projected to hit about 9 billion people by 2050. He suggested that a key goal must be to produce more while using fewer raw materials, focusing on a mantra of “less in, more out.”
TERI Director-General R.K. Pachauri declared in the CEO summit's inaugural session on Wednesday, “clearly the business sector has to look at water as the next major resource challenge.”
Water was a key concern among attendees. Separate sessions addressed the increasingly scarce resource, and business leaders discussed issues ranging from agricultural practices and audits to subsidies and climate change.
Keep in mind that this is a meeting of global control freaks, who's power is big city based, just like Obama's. It is greatly in their interest to work on the fear and hence the need to supply great quantities of water from outside the cities to them.
You have no idea of what is involved in providing New York City with potable water: Just the new viaduct being built to carry all that volume of water has been going on for decades and trucks can run in both ways at the same time through it, plus a complex grid of huge reservoirs gather the water run of surrounding mountainous counties to match consumption requirements. The system has its own security police and strict rules even control fishing and "john boats" allowed on the reservoirs: the main one, built during the depression, in Westchester county, buried three towns when the enabling dams were finished and it was allowed to fill.
If you decide to become part of the solution, in the measure of the means available to you where you live, you can start growing some of your own food in backyards, balconies, terraces and even pots.
Whenever possible, put in your own well, that will get you further away from the grid, reduce your water/sewer costs, allow you to grow things more efficiently and be in control of the quality of your water..
Try to grow useful, food bearing trees and shrubs, many of them are gorgeus specimens, providing scented flowers and fruit, berries, or nuts. Also, reduce useless grass and flower up your garden, which enhance pollination,bring in beneficial insects, humming birds and butterflies, while providing eye appeal and soul filling scents, plus all have the economical incentive of increasing your property value and keeping you healthier.
This was written over a year ago. Since, it has been proven that global warming ended 15 years ago and even East Anglia Observatory, author of the infamous "Climategate" has acknowledged that. So now the pimps of Agenda 21 are using the code name "Climate change", like this is new on planet Earth, not quite being able to account for dinosaur fossils in Montana and Patagonia, former tropical marshes, or plugging the vast production of carbon emissions coming from volcanoes, which also propel sulphur and other health endangering gasses on to the atmosphere, as they have done for millenniums, nor the fact that if all combustion engines on Earth were to be turned off the change on CO 2 in the atmosphere would be so imperceptible that it would be hard to measure.
Oh!...and before I forget, during the 600 years of Medieval warming, the seas only rose 13 inches, so Delaware, the rest of the Eastern Shore, Long Island. NY, and Florida are not bound to disappear and you are to challenge the EPA and their state counterparts on the idea of a huge rise of the ocean's waters.
These are facts and the enemy hates facts, but if we do not set them forth and defend them, they'll continue to lie, deceive and continue to hold ignorance in their favor.
Worthwhile Presentations & Information
I've been to 2 presentations by this lady, she's the queen of cut flowers, who makes a bundle doing it. True, part of her success is that she has a farm in the middle of a very developed community, but she also sells well outside of that and has other sources of income. She has been partially the reason I'm doing some of that this year and I believe you can add some bucks to yours by getting some of her ideas added to your own game.
• February 8 Program & Pop-up Shop Spotswood Garden Club in Harrisonburg, VA. Lisa will present "Growing your own Bouquets" the simple steps to having a small cut-flower garden in your backyard.
• February 21 Program and Book Signing, The New York Unit, Herb Society of America, the Arsenal in Central Park, New York City, NY. Lisa will present "A Flower Farm Season" a slide show walk-through on her cut-flower farm with a special emphasis on herbs.
• February 26 Program & Pop-up Shop Walter Reed Garden Club in Gloucester, VA. Lisa will present "A Flower Farm Season" a slide show walk-through on her cut-flower farm with an emphasis on harvesting and conditioning.
• March 5 Program & Pop-up Shop Cut-Flower Gardening Day! 10am to 2pm. Join Lisa Ziegler of the Gardener's Workshop Farm on March 5, for a day at Pharsalia. This picturesque cut-flower farm is also a Registered National Historic Landmark located in Nelson County, VA. This will be a day devoted to cut-flower gardening from A to Z. Don't miss this opportunity! Visit www.pharsaliaevetns.com to register.
• March 7 Program & Pop-up Shop Piedmont Master Gardeners in Charlottesville, VA. Program topic TBA.
• March 9 Program & Pop-up Shop York County Horticultural Extravaganza. Details TBA.
• March 12 Program & Pop-up Shop Dolly Madison Garden Club in Gordonsville, VA. Lisa will present "A Flower Farm Season" a slide show walk-through on her cut-flower farm with a special emphasis on harvesting and conditioning.
• March 13 Program & Pop-up Shop Ford's Colony Garden Club in Williamsburg, VA. Lisa will present the slide show "Growing your own Bouquets" the simple steps to having a small cut-flower garden in your backyard.
• March 18 Program Association of Specialty Cut-Flower Growers at North Carolina State University. Lisa will present the program "Bed Makers and Other Time Savers" www.ascfg.org
• March 20 Program & Pop-up Shop The Little Garden Club of Winchester in Winchester, VA. Program topic TBA.
• March 23: Program & Pop-up Shop & Farm Tour "The Benefits of Organic Gardening: Flowers, Vegetables and Lawn!" Lisa Ziegler, Amy Hicks and Heather Driscoll all practice what they preach as their profession. Limited spaces available. Click here for more information and to register:
• March 26 Program & Pop-up Shop Boxwood Garden Club in Richmond, VA Program topic TBA.
• April 20 Program & Pop-up Shop, Historic Garden Week, Smithfield Tour, St. Luke's Church, Smithfield VA Lisa will share the "Benefits of Going Organic in your Yard and Garden" at 11:00 am at St. Luke's.
• April 24 Farm Tour & Pop-up Shop, Newport News Tour, Gardener's Workshop Farm, Newport News, VA. We are honored for our cut-flower farm to be on the 2013 Newport News tour. Come tour our farm and see the spring garden blooming! Tour ticket required.
• April 25 Pop-up Shop, Richmond Tour, Tuckahoe Women's Club, Richmond, VA. This is the luncheon site. The Gardener's Workshop will be set up as a vendor.
• May 22 Program & Pop-up Shop Maryland Master Gardener Day, University of Maryland, Ellicott City, MD. Lisa will present two programs, "Easy Seed Starting" and "Growing your Own Bouquets."
• September 7 Program & Pop-up Shop Heritage Harvest Festival held at Thomas Jefferson's Monticello in Charlottesville, VA. Program topics TBA.
• September 20-22 Program & Pop-up Shop Mother Earth News Fair in Seven Springs, PA. Lisa will present the program "The Forgotten Seasons."
**************************************************** CONTACT INFORMATION
Van Dyke Zinnias / LobaTek Incorporated Sharon Fernandez, President 2743 Bartlett Rd., Pleasant Lake, MI 49272 WWW.VANDYKEZINNIAS.CO
Get our ionic sulfate mineral products at the following links:WWW.VANDYKEZINNIAS.CO(good, safe water for people, plants, flowers, and animals)
WWW.LOBATEK.COM(Adya Clarity-safe water for people, plants, flowers and animals) Electronic mail: SFernandez@Lobatek.com ******************************************************************
"Kapieren und Kopieron", or "First understand Nature, and then copy it."--Viktor Schauberger